By submitting your literary materials to our Script Register, you agree to the following terms.
A. GENERAL TERMS
(1) Upon registration with Script Register, your documents will remain private and unopened on our 100% secure archive.
(2) We do not make any sort of claim to any of your material.
(3) We’ll keep your work on file for the term of your plan. After your plan expires, your work will be removed from our archive and deleted. You may renew your plan at any time.
(4) We do not provide formal copyright registration. Our service acts as a neutral third party to help provide proof of authorship should the need arise.
(5) It’s your responsibility to retain the proof we provide you upon registration. You can request copies of this or the registered material at any time by emailing Script Register or by postal mail. Requests must be written, signed, notarized and accompanied by a color copy of a valid photo ID.
(6) You represent that you’re of legal age to form a binding contract, and are not a person prohibited from service under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide accurate information in the registration process.
(7) Script Register respects your privacy and permits you to control the treatment of your personal information. No dissemination of your personal information or work to any third parties will take place.
(8) We are not the writers guild. We are an independent document registrar.
B. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SCRIPT REGISTER AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SCRIPT REGISTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SCRIPT REGISTER SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE Script Register SERVICE; OR (iii) ANY OTHER MATTER(S) RELATING TO THE SCRIPT REGISTER SERVICE. IF YOUR MATERIALS OR THE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION ARE DESTROYED, DAMAGED, CORRUPTED, OR LOST, DUE TO Script Register’S FAILURE TO EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE OR BY ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, IT IS AGREED THAT THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES FOR THAT LOSS IS AND SHALL BE LIMITED TO $1.00.
C. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
The terms of the User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Script Register and governs your use of the Script Register registration service.
Furthermore, the terms of the User Agreement and the relationship between you and Script Register shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Script Register agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California.
The failure of Script Register to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Agreement remain in full force and effect.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Script Register registration service or the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or you will be barred from raising such a claim(s).